Call for Reviewers
Would you like to be a reviewer of the Journal of Quantitative Methods?
Journal of Quantitative Methods (JQM) is a peer reviewed journal published by the Department of Quantitative Methods, University of Management and Technology Lahore, Pakistan. The journal supports multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary approaches to business, statistics and economics. The focus of the journal is on the research rigour modelling, data-driven innovations, interpretation of results and how the results of research may be translated into practice.
Currently, the JQM is looking to recruit reviewers for the journal. JQM is a high-quality publication that discusses the applications of statistics in business, management and economics. We are now seeking an outstanding academic researcher or practitioner with a background in statistics and econometrics as well as the passion to drive the Journal forward in an exciting period of change. The JQM follows a double blind peer-review process for all the submitted manuscripts, with two reviewers assessing the academic quality of each manuscript. The reviewers are part of an extended database and are responsible for reviewing manuscripts which fall in their respective fields of expertise.
The reviewer will be responsible for review process within the given time-frame, employing the Journal’s online peer review system. She or he will have authority to guide the editor to accept articles following technical comments and will ensure that authors adhere to the Journal’s Publishing Ethics.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a reviewer:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Editorial Board members
- Someone who will act as spokesperson for JQM in public forums, meetings, and at conferences
- The applicant must hold at least a PhD degree in Statistics and Econometrics, or Professorship of an accredited academic institution;
- The applicant must have good experience in his/ her specific research field;
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of the reviewer, please forward your CV, and fill the editorial membership form at [email protected]
Professor Maqbool H. Sial
Chairman, Department of Quantitative Methods
School of Business and Economics
University of Management and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan