Journal of Quantitative Methods (JQM) is a multidisciplinary bi-annual journal launched in 2017 by the Department of Quantitative Methods, School of Business and Economics (SBE), University of Management and Technology (UMT), Lahore, Pakistan. JQM provides new insights and fosters critical debate about the role of data analysis in business and economics.
JQM is a double-blind peer-reviewed publication dedicated to the exchange of the latest academic research and practical information on all the aspects of quantitative methods in business, economics, and social sciences. The journal publishes original research papers, reviews and case studies by academicians and professionals. Thus, it provides a unique forum concerned with the quantitative aspect(s) to promote data-driven innovations among academicians and practitioners.
JQM seeks to help and furnish new evidence-based theories and understandings as it pertains to data science and its applications. It stresses the importance of appreciating the interplay of local and global contexts and dynamics in shaping and enhancing the role of quantitative methods in management decision making and socio-economic development.
Publication Frequency: Bi-annual
Abbreviated Key Title: J.quant.methods
Parallel Title: JQM
Area of Publication: Quantitative Methods, Business & Economics
We are fully committed to provide unrestricted access to all published articles.
JQM’s mission is to share knowledge by publishing basic and applied research on data innovations in the fields of statistics, business and economics to explore the new horizons of thoughts, ideas, research techniques, tools and methods.
JQM envisions to lay out a scientific research publication forum that facilitates scholars, academicians, and professionals to publish their work and builds a vibrant and supportive community of scholars by significantly exploring opportunities to connect and explore ideas in the fields of statistics, business and economics.
Aims and Objectives
JQM aims to provide a forum for academics, practitioners and policymakers around the globe to exchange ideas, research, and best practices in business, quantitative methods and economics. The journal aims to integrate the novel research in different disciplines where quantitative methods are unavoidable. Moreover, JQM strongly stimulates debate amongst scholars, researchers, practitioners and policymakers across the world with a view to define standardized practices and skills and evaluate effective responses to tomorrow’s challenges.
JQM further encourages guest editors to submit their proposals for special issues addressing specific areas included in the broad theme of the journal or resulting from relevant conferences. JQM will also consider themed special issues with a focus on a particular country or a region.
Our mission is guided by the following significant core values:
- We value high quality research publications in the field of business, quantitative methods and economics.
- We cultivate and advocate ethical behavior in all of aspects of the publication process.
- We respect each of our members' opinions and seek to amplify their ideas.
The core focus of JQM is to promote the data driven innovations in various domains to provide guidance in decision making and present advanced statistical methods with insights on basic and applied quantitative methods, tools and techniques.
Journal of Quantitative Methods recognizes the role of quantitative methods in business and economics, as an in-depth understanding of the latest trends and developments is imperative for academia and industry to equip themselves for competitive advantage in the 21stcentury and beyond.
JQM addresses a broad range of areas which are relevant and reflective of business, economics and applied statistics. The scope of papers may include quantitative investigation into the following disciplines:
- All branches of Statistics
- Big Data
- Financial Modeling
- Quantitative Economics
- Quantitative Business Management
- Academicians and researchers in different fields at universities, business schools and industries
- Chief Executives and Managing Directors
- Strategic Development and Planning Managers, Statistical Heads and Trend Analyzers
- Financial Consultants, Export Managers, Finance Managers, HR Managers and Directors
- Managing and Marketing Directors
- Business Strategists
- Regional and Global Consultants
- Product and Brand Managers, Brand Ambassadors and Logistics Managers
- Professionals with strategic decision-making responsibility in organizations
- No manuscript submission charges
- No manuscript processing or publication chagres
- Full open access: everyone can read your article when it is published
- Peer review from three or more experts
- Frequent updates on your article’s status
- Proofreading services
- Submissions from around 20 countries of the world and editorial board from 40 countries of the wold
- OJS as Journal Management System
- Theoretical and applied research which critically examines the inter-relationship between the governmental, the business, economics and the social dimensions of our world.
- Fundamental and applied research on all aspects of business, quantitative methods and economics.
- Exploration of behavioral and managerial issues relating to all aspects of psychology and education from a global perspective.
- General and technical reviews on innovative subjects which inform and stimulate debate.
- Literature review or viewpoint on a particular topic or trend.